Saying Goodbye

Thought I should check in since I didn’t post my usual Thursday post.

I’m in the beautiful Coromandel Peninsula, enjoying my last few days in New Zealand. I will be flying to Australia Wednesday, and will spend the last seven or eight weeks of my overseas trip there. Then it’s back home for the start of July.

I’ve been so excited about Australia that I almost overlooked the fact that my New Zealand experience is almost over. I’ve been here almost six months, and now I have to say goodbye.

My last hurrah is a solo road trip around the Coromandel. I just returned from the most beautiful drive of my life, up the rugged edge of the peninsula and back.

There doesn’t seem to be an internet Café anywhere in these parts, so I can’t upload today’s article without driving to Thames. I considered spending most of today doing just that, because I don’t like missing scheduled posting days.

But I chose to spend the day soaking up a bit more of New Zealand, and it was absolutely the right decision.

I’m writing this from the computer at the Visitor’s Centre. It’s a dollar for ten minutes and it doesn’t even have a USB port. I wish I could show you the pictures I took today. I will soon, both here and on David Goes Kiwi.

Anyway, I’m down to my last 48 hours in New Zealand, so I’ve got to go enjoy it. See you soon.

Joy May 10, 2010 at 12:34 am

Oh dear,
Quite selfish of me, but I saw your title and thought please don’t let it be possible that David is now done blogging too! A few of the bloggers who inspire me most have redirected their energy away from their blogs…
So, I’m most glad you decided not to post and to instead enjoy your last hours enjoying New Zealand!! I live in the land of sunshine, and when the sun and wind co-operate together I decide to sail rather than do many other things I “should” be doing. I think it makes my heart so happy that I can then focus amazingly good energy on all in my life just from that one foray. Of course, the local hills beckon me to hike, the harbor beckons me to kayak, the beach and the surf want me to come play, the moon asks me to drum….shoot, what could be better than any of that?? Perhaps *that* is living and everything else is just existing…. So, play away David…and enjoy it for all of us:)
.-= Joy´s last blog ..Fearless Fun Friday…Guest Post from Joy Tanksley.. =-.

David May 10, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Never!

I had a brilliant time yesterday. Playing was the right thing to do.

Char (PSI Tutor:Mentor) May 10, 2010 at 6:11 am

The drive sounds awesome~ pics will be worth the wait. Your schedules make me laugh~ sorry, such a judgmental comment, more better happy to hear you followed your intuition and let other aspects of yourself ride some waves.

FYI in the land of Oz, almost everything here can kill you ~:-)

David May 10, 2010 at 5:20 pm

Yeah I remember Lisis laughing at me when I complained that I had to walk half a mile up a beach in Thailand to get to the nearest wifi spot. :)

Things aren’t too bad, I just still don’t have the hang of blogging on the road, after all this time. Oh well.

Tim May 10, 2010 at 11:44 am

I dig it. I love when bloggers switch things up and post or not post unexpectedly. Gives me the assurance that you’re all not on some crazy robotronic schedule that’s more set in stone than you’re actual mission or message is.

It gives me a sense of relaxation knowing, so that makes two os us, I hope.
.-= Tim´s last blog ..Just Because =-.

David May 10, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Robotronic never worked for me. I like “seat-of-the-pants” style better. I’m sure there is a happy medium though…

Sarah May 10, 2010 at 5:49 pm

Hi David – so pleased you’ll be visiting our shores! The weather here is amazing at the moment, its putting on a show for you.

David May 11, 2010 at 4:45 pm

I’ve been looking at the weather reports, and they look fantastic. It was 27 in Sydney yesterday. In 12 hours I’ll be there, can’t wait.

Dan Mitchinson May 12, 2010 at 5:07 am

Gday, I’m an avid reader of Raptitude.
I live in Auckland but may be down in Whangamata this weekend depending on the swell forecast over the next few days. If you want accom, surfboard ,wettie, local knowledge, hit me a text or a call on 021 910 905.
If i’m down there, i’ll be surfing and i know you want to learn.
Peace!
Dan.

David May 12, 2010 at 11:33 pm

Ah I really appreciate that Dan. Thank you for the offer. Timing didn’t work out though — I flew into Sydney yesterday. I will be back in Auckland for two days at the end of June though, to catch my flight back to Canada.

Jess May 13, 2010 at 7:54 am

If you’re still in Sydney, may I recommend the Glenmore Hotel’s rooftop terrace on a sunny day. It’s in the Rocks and is one of my favourite places to go for a drink in summer. Check a map before you go though, it’s sort of hidden. (http://www.glenmorerooftophotel.com.au/1_home/). The ferry from Circular Quay to Manly on a sunny day is also pretty special.

Have fun!